Sunday 5 August 2012

BEST CAULDRON EVER!

This was what I exclaimed during the unbelievable and amazing opening ceremony for the Olympics. It isn't a phrase you get to use that often unless you do magic of course. It is the best cauldron ever though.

Having been out of the country in the lead up to the Olympics I wasn't getting all the hype, possibly a good thing as I also wasn't sick of hearing about it as some people seem to have been. I wasn't really that fussed about it until I got back and started hearing about the torch relay, did anyone see the documentary on it? I wept like a goodun, don't know what's wrong with me!

For anyone who follows me on twitter or facebook you will have seen a large number of posts from me over the last week or so. I literally cannot get enough of Team GB and the Olympics in general. When else would you see the Queen parachute with 007, gasp as man shoots at clay pigeons, shout "SWIM SWIM SWIM" very loudly at the TV, or get to enjoy the slo-mo lunchbox cam during the 100m men's heats all in the space of a week? I've learnt more than I ever needed to know about some sports and feel quite the expert, I definitely had more idea what was going during the cycling road race than the commentators who couldn't even distinguish the race leaders from the peleton. It's even been suggested I could commentate from the pool in my scuba gear, although you'd mostly just see lots of bubbles as I tried to tell everyone that one in the middle is very fast and has a lovely bum.

If I was reporting from the Olympics I think I would be more sympathetic than some of the interviewers. I am so proud of our athletes and get very angry when they ask stupid questions like "You must be disappointed with a bronze?". That means that person is the third best in the WORLD at what they do. To even be competing in these games makes each and every athlete here amazing in my eyes, they are doing things that most of us can only dream of.

However I don't have much chance of reporting from the Olympics when I'm tweeting about admiring the strength of the girl stood behind Usain Bolt on the start line for not licking him. I am definitely on a high security watch list somewhere. But you would though wouldn't you?

Lick him!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment