Friday 7 September 2012

Girls day out at the paralympics

I spent my last day in England at the Paralympics with my mum, sister and niece. As Bonnie rightly pointed out we were having a girls day (but she did miss Theo). After becoming quite obsessed with the Olympics and Paralympics I was more than a little excited about our trip. The tickets were booked last year when I was in Nigeria which seems an absolute age ago now, I had no idea then just how excited I would be about going.

The park is a triumph, each venue iconic and the atmosphere inside was euphoric. Random strangers striking up conversation left right and centre. It felt a bit like the Toon to be honest!

We were lucky enough to have tickets for the athletics and scored great seats by the finish line with prime viewing of the victory ceremonies. Oscar (beautiful but narked) and Weir (emotional and smiley) were the highlights. We saw Weir compete too and David Devine, so nice to know they went on to get more GB medals. There was also wheelchair basketball, torch holding and the orbit. It finished with a tearful goodbye to Rachel and Bonnie. Bonnie not so tearful because she was off to the disney shop. All in all an amazing day and one I will never forget.

1 comment:

  1. I'm keeping an eye on your progress!

    Don't forget the big one tomorrow (Argyle)

    Love

    Pops

    ReplyDelete