Monday 24 September 2012

Interislander

I have now technically Interislanded it to the South Island. I actually did this a week ago. I realise now I am not the fastest blogger in the West or East or wherever this classes as. You all probably realised this weeks ago. I'm basically having such an awesome time that I keep forgetting to blog, so sorry about that.

Right then, Interislander. Ferry that takes you between the North and South Islands of New Zealand. It leaves from Wellington in the North and arrives into pretty Picton in/on the South.

Short version of time in Wellington, I didn't overly love it but hving typed that I don't think I gave it a fair chance. Partly because I hated the hostel I was staying in, soooooo unfriendly compared to every other place. Also the National museum Te Papa made me cross. Pretty amazing in places but let down by unorganised nature of some exhibits that made my inner museum geek get all narked. So after hating my hostel and getting museum rage it got a whole lot worse when I tried to leave Wellington and the boat didn't work.

Long story short, eventually moved to another boat, depart three hours late. Too chilled out to even panic about missing the only coach of the day to Nelson where accommodation is booked and find out from Interislander staff that they've organised a shuttle bus for the stranded passengers. Nice. Day gets better.

Arrive safely and just a couple of hours late in sunny Nelson. That's what it's known as and the name doesn't disappoint. Should mention I've totally fallen in love with it here and currently job hunting. It feels like home.

Beautiful South Island

No comments:

Post a Comment